Montella nel mondo, dalla Svizzera all'Australia, per i montellesi all'estero

« Older   Newer »
alysha~
view post Posted on 14/12/2009, 09:49 by: alysha~

Hello!
...I don't mean to be rude and barge in on your conversation, or whether anyone still reads this anymore, but I thought I would give it a shot after you told your wonderful story :)
Here it goes... my family originated from Montella, they came to America during the 1920's. My great-grandpa and grandpa came to New York and lived in "Little Italy" until my grandpa grew older and eventually started his own family, and somehow (after years in the air force and relocation) our family ended up here, in Arizona. My great-grandpa's sister's were left behind, mostly because they didn't want to come to America. Besides them, I also know many cousins and other relatives who decided not to go to America. Is there anyway I could find them after all these years? They were very dear to my great-grandpa, and I would like to learn more about myself and my family. Would they want to meet me? Probably not...but even if I knew their names, I would feel much more complete then I do now. I would appreciate any advice from anyone who reads this! We're all friends here ^_^

Oh! One last thing-my family surname is "Dello Buono". Is that common in Montella? I thought I would also let you know that when many Italians immigrated to the U.S. they changed their surnames simply to "Buono" to form more to the American culture. I thought if anyone out there was trying to find their families in America with no success, that may be the reason why. Nearly all families did this, whether they were Italian or not, which makes it very difficult to find who we are looking for!! Hope this helped (you) out :)

THANKS FOR READING THIS!!

9 replies since 4/9/2008, 12:39   935 views