Montella nel mondo, dalla Svizzera all'Australia, per i montellesi all'estero

« Older   Newer »
Scipioneafricano
view post Posted on 20/12/2009, 12:24 by: Scipioneafricano

"English":

Hello and welcome Alysha,

I don't know if it is still possible but, for your research it would be also very helpful if you know the nickname of one of your ancestors or maybe the nickname of your whole family. In Montella it was, and actually is, very usual to give nicknames to the familys. The nickname is something like a tradition and it is passed on to the next generation. So this makes it more easy to distinguish one from another family that have the same surnames. I know maybe it is unpossible for you to get this information, but I repeat you that it would be very helpful. The nickname in Montella is like a serial number :D .
So now I also apologize for my bad english.
I wish you good luck and I'm sure the guys in Montella will do there best.

"ITALIAN":

Ciao Alysha e benvenuta,

Non so se è ancora possibile, però sarebbe molto d'aiuto per la tua ricerca se tu conoscessi il soprannome di uno dei tuoi antenati oppure della tua famiglia. A Montella era ed è tuttora un usanza dare dei soprannomi alle famiglie. Il soprannome è una sorta di tradizione che viene tramandato alla prossima generazione. Questo rende più facile la distinzione di una famiglia dall'altra specialmente se hanno lo stesso cognome. Lo so che forse per te è impossibile reperire questa informazione, però ti ripeto che potrebbe essere molto d'aiuto. Il soprannome a Montella è come un numero di serie :D .
A questo punto anche io mi scuso per il mio inglese.
Ti auguro buona fortuna e sono sicuro che i ragazzi a Montella faranno del loro meglio.

9 replies since 4/9/2008, 12:39   935 views